Are you feeling stressed by the end of the school year?
Do you need a little extra encouragement to keep yourself going through June?
Here are some simple tips to keep your grades (and your confidence!) up this Spring:
Here are some tips to share with your children:
- Ask your teacher what you can do to increase your grade. It might be easier than you thought.
- Make a schedule of your tests and quizzes in January. Then map out time in your schedule to review material. Avoid cramming all in one night.
- While reviewing material (in advance), you may notice topics that you don’t understand. Go see your teacher for help during study hall or after school.
- You can learn and absorb more by studying with a friend. This is now easier than ever to do with Face Time or Skype.
- Map out long term projects that are due at the end of the quarter. Divide tasks into days, and enter in a calendar or planner. Teachers expect you to put time and thought into long term projects.
- Be sure to look at the rubric for each project and check to make sure you complete each item thoroughly.
- If getting good grades is important to you (I know it’s important to college admissions counselors) some focused planning at the end of each quarter can really make a difference.
Tutoring for Success offers Academic Coaching if you feel it will help, give us a call today.